In early 2004 Erika launched a free monthly e-newsletter, The Practicing Writer. Each issue includes an article on an aspect of the craft and/or business—the practice—of writing. Every issue also features:
- a highlighted online resource to assist you with your writing practice;
- announcements for upcoming contests and similar opportunities (limited to contests and opportunities that charge no entry fees, reading fees, processing fees, etc.);
- a “Submission Alerts!!!” section, where Erika keeps subscribers posted about calls from paying literary journals and anthologies and nuances in editorial calendars;
- highlights from Erika’s blogs; and
- a calendar of free literary events worldwide (the calendar also includes fee-charging events that offer student discounts).
The Practicing Writer Mailing List is hosted by YahooGroups. When you subscribe to the list, you are subscribed to our free monthly newsletter. You also receive a welcome message and instructions on how to download your complimentary copy of From (A)lgren to (Y)eats: The Practicing Writer’s Guide to Eponymous Literary Contests and Competitions by Erika Dreifus.
Our subscriber list is not shared with any third party. To subscribe to the list, simply enter your e-mail address in the space to the right and click “Sign Up.”
If you would like to be removed from the list, click here to send your request.
NOTE: If you encounter an error message when you press “Subscribe,” this is due to your firewall or proxy server configuration. If this occurs, click here to subscribe manually.
Thank you so much for your interest in The Practicing Writer. May your subscription bring productivity and profit to your writing practice!