Job Announcement: KHN Center for the Arts
This just in from the Kimmel Harding Nelson Center for the Arts:
Kimmel Harding Nelson Center for the Arts
801 3rd Corso, Nebraska City, NE 68410, 402-874-9600
The Kimmel Harding Nelson Center for the Arts has an immediate opening for the Executive Director position to manage the operations of its artist-in-residence program. The Executive Director reports to the Center’s Board of Directors. The KHN Center seeks a creative, energetic individual with a passion for the arts dedicated to teamwork with strong organizational ability; excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills with familiarity and comfort with computer programs.
The KHN Center, which hosts 40 artists, writers and composers annually, is located in the center of historic Nebraska City, settled during the Civil War on the western bank of the Missouri River approximately 130 miles north of Kansas City and 50 miles south of Omaha. The community of over 7,200 is surrounded by apple orchards and is the home of the national tree-planting holiday, Arbor Day. The Center is housed in a renovated luxury triplex.
* Manage all aspects of Resident selection process, including scheduling residents, arranging selection meetings, and oversight of application processing, develop Selection Committee objectives and pool of future jurors.
* Serve as liaison between artists during residency sessions; advise the Board on Resident, facility and personnel matters.
* Manage communications with Residents including development of alumni relations; maintain Resident photo album and visual art collection.
* Assist with new Resident arrivals, provide orientation session, and assist with Resident requirements during their stay.
* Provide the Board with various reports in a timely manner.
* Arrange Resident community events such as readings and workshops and exhibitions as needed.
* Keep abreast of contemporary arts world and assist the Center in development of artist recruitment.
* Plan special community events as needed that bolster the Center’s mission, and assist in producing communications such as newsletters and brochures.
* Manage all special projects and programs such as the Art Gallery, special events, and communications.
* Maintain the Center’s art collection.
* Promote the Center and its programs, locally, regionally and nationally.
* Supervise and work in collaboration with the Development Director, and supervise the Resident Caretaker.
* Manage the annual budget in collaboration with the Development Director.
Minimum: B.A. in the arts or related field.
Preferred: MFA or MA in the arts. Experience in arts administration.
$36,000 per year. Health insurance benefits are not provided.
Screening of applicants begins March 31, 2006.
To apply, send via email PDF or Microsoft Word files only.
1. A letter of application
2. A vita that includes names, addresses, telephone and email addresses of three references.
Email to: jruffo(at)KHNCenterfortheArts.org
Joseph M. Ruffo, Interim Executive Director