Job Opportunity with the New Hampshire Writers’ Project
Earlier this week I learned (via the Wompo listserv) about a job opening for Executive Director of the New Hampshire Writers’ Project.
Here are the details:
The New Hampshire Writers’ Project, a vibrant, independent nonprofit literary arts organization based in Manchester, NH, seeks an executive director to oversee administration, fundraising, programming, publications, membership, and public relations. The Writers’ Project serves all aspects of the writing and publishing field in New Hampshire and offers programs and services to writers, from aspiring to established, and to people who love writing and reading.
The successful candidate will have strong editorial, marketing, print production, and fundraising skills as well as program, people, and project management skills and up-to-date computer skills. While no candidate embodies every desired quality and some skills can be learned on the job, the ideal person for this position will offer many of the skills and experiences listed below. He or she will demonstrate:
* A passion for writers and writing.
* Knowledge of NH’s literary and cultural community.
* Entrepreneurial, nonprofit, or business management experience.
* Program development experience.
* Superior oral and written communication skills.
* Experience developing promotional copy and print publications.
* Experience scheduling projects and managing people.
* Organizational skills.
* Budgeting experience.
* Computer skills. (Our office regularly uses Word, Excel, FilemakerPro,
Dreamweaver, and Photoshop.)
* Ability to handle multiple projects with efficiency and good humor.
* Self-motivation, perseverance, and ability to thrive under deadline pressure.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as part of a team and with
staff, board, and volunteers.
The executive director manages three part-time employees, as well as freelance designers and editors; this position reports to NHWP’s president. It is a 32-hour-a-week position. Salary to mid-thirties, commensurate with experience. Position open until filled.
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and three brief writing samples to Executive Director Search Committee, NHWP, 2500 North River Road, Manchester, NH 03106. NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS. For more information about the organization, please take a look at our Web site.
And you’ll find that Web site here.