Lots to share from the Jewish literary web!
- I ordered a copy of Rivka Miriam’s latest book of poetry, These Mountains (translated by Linda Stern Zisquit and published by the wonderful Toby Press), right after reading this item on Tablet. I’m thinking it will make excellent reading during my forthcoming trip to Israel.
- And speaking of books, and Israel, and Tablet: Josh Lambert’s latest “On the Bookshelf” column profiles new Israel-focused titles.
- Nice write-up by Sandee Brawarsky describing author Jon Papernick’s book-peddling practice.
- I cannot wait to read everything in the amazing first issue of JewishFiction.net. What a lineup! Thanks to @JewishBookWeek for making sure I didn’t miss it.
- The Forward will be welcoming guest editors over the next eight weeks. (Caught this via Jennifer Gilmore’s Twitter feed. I’m looking forward to meeting Jen, and several others, in person this weekend at the Jewish Authors Conference.)
- Don’t forget that I’m tracking the pre-publication progress of my own short-story collection, Quiet Americans, on my “other” blog.