Jewish Literary Links for Shabbat
- I thought that Michael Lavigne’s debut novel, Not Me, was terrific, so I’m very happy to learn that Lavigne has another novel on the way. (And from what I read on the Jewish Book Council’s blog, it sounds equally excellent.)
- A new issue of The Ilanot Review, an Israeli journal of creative writing in English, has gone live. Submissions for its next issue, on the theme of “translation and transformation,” will open on December 1.
- Lovely essays by the winners of Moment magazine’s Memoir Contest.
- A Thanksgiving ghazal from Alicia Ostriker.
- So excited to take some time and read through The Jewish Week‘s fall literary guide.
- Returning to his alma mater (Princeton University), Jonathan Safran Foer recently talked about Jewish influences on his work.