Writing-related resources, news, and reflections to enjoy over the weekend.
- Grateful to Lisa Mecham for having introduced me to the “Poetry News in Review” feature from Prairie Schooner.
- Here’s something I’ve been meaning to share. It’s not new, and not even new to me (@J_S_Brown is, I think, the one who pointed it out some time back), but I’ve only recently had the opportunity to laugh over the truths embedded in Mallory Ortberg’s “Every Question In Every Q&A Session Ever” on The Toast. (Seems especially appropriate to dig this one up the week that #AWP17 accepted panels are announced! ;-))
- Appreciate being included in Lynn Rosen’s IBPA roundtable piece in which book-publicity types “discuss their evolving role in a shifting landscape, success stories, and working with authors.“
- And on a related note: Jean Ho’s NPR piece, “Diversity In Book Publishing Isn’t Just About Writers — Marketing Matters, Too,” has been making the rounds this week.
- Which reminds me to remind you that every week, I also post a batch of links that focus on specifically Jewish (and mainly literary) matters over on my other blog.
Have a good weekend, everyone.