Writing-related resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- Here in the U.S., Joy Harjo is our new poet laureate.
- Also in the poetry realm: a sort of mini-course in the work of Elizabeth Bishop, via Liza Wieland’s presentation of 11 of Bishop’s poems (one of the poems lends its title to Wieland’s new novel).
- Searching online for potential book publishers? Be careful.
- Spoiler: There will be a Q&A with R.L. Maizes, whose debut story collection will be out next month, in the August issue of The Practicing Writer. To tide you over, check out this terrific feature over on Fiction Writers Review.
- And over on the My Machberet blog, there’s a fresh batch of Jewish-lit links (including, this week, coverage of the latest conference of the Association of Jewish Libraries and much more).
I’ll be away for a few days next week—I don’t anticipate posting on the usual timetable Monday or Wednesday, but you can expect the blog to come back to life on Friday! Enjoy your weekend/week!