Each week as Shabbat approaches, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- Beautiful piece on Tablet by Debbie Levy, author of two children’s books about Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, about her interactions with her subject.
- I’m hoping to squeeze in some time this weekend with the “Jewish Diaspora Folio” recently published by PANK, a literary magazine.
- Also new and on my tbr list: the Autumn 2020 edition of The Tel Aviv Review of Books.
- For many years when I lived in Massachusetts, I subscribed to The Jewish Advocate; I’m sad to learn that it, too, is ending its run (a 118-year-run! traceable to Theodor Herzl!) as a newspaper.
- And in case you missed it: The latest Midweek Notes on the Practicing Writing blog included a “Days of Awe” essay from my archive.
G’mar chatima tova, and Shabbat shalom.