Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- A stunner of a short story (which I read in my print copy of Paper Brigade) is now available online: Basia Winograd’s “The Realist.”
- News from Jewish journalism: JTA’s parent company, 70 Faces Media, has acquired the New York Jewish Week. JTA’s editor-in-chief Philissa Cramer explains what that means for readers.
- I am already overbooked event-wise for the day in question, but if you are able to “attend” the virtual launch of Peter Sís’s Nicky & Vera on Sunday, January 24, Books of Wonder will be your host!
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle seeks a PJ Library Program Manager.
- And in Massachusetts, the Yiddish Book Center is hiring a Public Programs and Visitor Services Manager.