Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- The Jewish Book Council is hiring a Program Associate. Although this position is temporarily remote, “candidates should be in the Metro New York Area and have the ability to return to JBC’s office in Manhattan full time beginning in summer 2021.” Salary range: “$40 – 43k.”
- Also from the Jewish Book Council: The current window for poetry submissions closes April 30. Original poems “will be considered for JBC’s online poetry series, Berru, as well as Paper Brigade.” Pay rates are not published, but “all authors are paid for original work.”
- Speaking of Jewish poetry: Mark your calendars for a free, online reading featuring contributors from 101 Jewish Poems for the Third Millennium (I am one of the participating contributors—please join us!).
- I subscribe to quite a few podcasts—but I’m pretty sure that I subscribe to just one that’s hosted by a teenager! In the latest episode of “Backstage Babble,” Charles Kirsch interviews Samantha Hahn, author of On The Roof, a recent book about the Yiddish production of Fiddler on the Roof, in which she played Beylke, one of Tevye and Golde’s younger daughters.
- As usual, my TBR list overfloweth. But if I’m able to get to Cynthia Ozick’s Antiquities by the time this virtual Book Salon and Beit Midrash with Shai Secunda happens on May 23, here’s a tempting invitation from 929 English.
I wish you all a (slightly early!) Shabbat shalom.