Writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- “Some Dos and Don’ts of Writing for Advocacy”: great (and timely) tips from Tracy Hahn-Burkett.
- From Writer Beware: two scams to know about.
- Cool prompts for teaching the flash essay (via the Brevity blog, of course!). Bonus: This is actually a glimpse into an expanded set of teaching resources.
- What are “comps”? And how do you find them? Check out Star Wuerdemann’s advice on Jane Friedman’s site.
- And you’ll find the latest Jewish-lit links posted over on the My Machberet blog.
Wishing everyone a good weekend.