Writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- A new series on the Cincinnati Review blog focuses on Writers’ Day Jobs.
- If you’re up for an intriguing Twitter thread, check out Lisa Lucas’s challenge: “Describe what your 2021 has been like thus far using a book title.”
- On my viewing queue: a new PBS documentary on Amy Tan. In the meantime, this Harper’s Bazaar profile of Tan (by Alexandra Chang) will have to suffice.
- Of course, you can find a fresh set of Jewish literary links posted over on the My Machberet blog.
- And icymi: The June issue of The Practicing Writer 2.0 was emailed to subscribers on Monday. Within it, I point you to Listen Notes, a resource I discovered thanks to Jane Friedman, who recommends it for book-promo purposes. You’ll find all the details here.
Have a great weekend.