Writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- The origin story behind Lauren Groff’s new novel. (Colleen Walsh for the Harvard Gazette.)
- Caught on Twitter: The Slowdown poetry podcast is coming back on September 21st “with new episodes and a new host —@adalimon!”
- Michelle Garrett’s post titled “Journalists Sound Off on How PR Pros Can Improve Media Pitches” is worth a glance for anyone pitching media—including authors who are taking on book-promo for themselves.
- Over on Nieman Storyboard: “Now an editor at The Washington Post, Lisa Grace Lednicer critiques an emotional essay she wrote at The Oregonian in the wake of 9/11.”
- And, as per usual, you’ll find the weekly Jewish-lit links posted on the My Machberet blog.
Have a good weekend, everyone.