Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- Over on Tablet, Rachel J. Fremmer presents “The Best Jewish Children’s Books of 2021.”
- From the Forward: “Remembering the Most Phenomenally Successful Jewish Author You’ve Probably Never Heard Of” (reader, I had not heard of him!). Warning: If you’re not a subscriber and have already filled your quota of free reads, you may not be able to access this one.
- Such a treat to eavesdrop as Tracy Chevalier and Karen Skinazi, “participants in the inaugural Genesis Jewish Book Week Emerging Writers’ Programme, which champions and supports selected emerging writers in the UK through mentorship and bursaries,” chat on Episode Fifteen of the Artistic Minds podcast (and I’m exceedingly grateful to Karen for the shoutout to my newsletter within!). Quick note re: accessibility, though: As is too often the case, I haven’t been locate a transcript of this episode.
- Dara Horn’s People Love Dead Jews: Reports from a Haunted Present has won the latest Natan Notable Book Award. (And, as noted within the announcement, submissions are open for the next award cycle.)
- And icymi: a few bookish Hanukkah gift ideas as Jewish Book Month draws to a close.
Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating in the U.S., Shabbat shalom, and, as of Sunday night, Happy Hanukkah!