Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- “The Robert B. Silvers Foundation warmly congratulates the winners of the first annual Silvers-Dudley Prizes for Literary Criticism, Arts Writing, and Journalism.”
- In which Debbie Ridpath Ohi shares “Common Mistakes Made by New Picture Book Writers.”
- From Jenny Bhatt: a thread for “2022 debut writers wondering about the many ‘most anticipated’ lists and anxious that their books aren’t on them: I won’t tell you such lists don’t matter. They do, esp. for SEO-based search results. But there are a few other ways to be ‘found” by your readers.'”
- For the season: a short, snowy poem by Robert Bly (1926-2021), courtesy of the Library of Congress.
- And of course, you’ll find a fresh set of Jewish lit links posted over on the My Machberet blog.
Have a good weekend, all.