Jewish Literary Links
Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- Over on Tablet, Jake Marmer’s “Poems for the Conversos” profiles Many to Remember, a debut poetry collection by Rachel Kaufman.
- This month, the Jewish Book Carnival is hosted by Heidi Rabinowitz/The Book of Life.
- You’ll also find Heidi Rabinowitz among those quoted in Hilary Danailova’s “Anti-Jewish Bias Is Spreading in Arts and Culture” (Hadassah magazine). This article hit me especially hard this week, in the aftermath of the episode in Colleyville, Texas, and so I’ve offered some extended remarks on Twitter.
- Over on Kveller, children’s librarian Aviva Rosenberg spotlights a few “Jewish Historical Fiction Picks (That Aren’t About the Holocaust).”
- And, as I mentioned on the Practicing Writing blog, my story collection Quiet Americans celebrated its 11th birthday yesterday. 🙂