Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- Exciting news broke this week about a new collaboration between the Sami Rohr Prize for Jewish Literature and the National Library of Israel.
- “After 12 years under the umbrella of the Tikvah Fund, the Jewish Review of Books (JRB) has spun off into an independent publication with its own eponymous foundation.” (Ben Sales for eJewish Philanthropy.)
- The February Jewish Book Carnival posted this week, hosted for the month by Barbara Bietz.
- Over last Shabbat, I spent some quality time with the latest issue of The Jewish Quarterly (you can find a few of my impressions on Goodreads), and I’m looking forward to this evening’s conversation between issue contributors Rachel Kadish and Menachem Kaiser (moderated by Becca Kantor).
- And across the pond, the 2022 Wingate Literary Prize has been awarded to Nicole Krauss for her story collection To Be a Man.