Jewish Literary Links
Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- New contest alert from Harbor Review: The Jewish American Woman’s Prize for poems or prose poems will award $200 and publication of a digital chapbook. Contest fee: $20. Deadline: April 30.
- ” I think this collection includes some of the best Jewish American stories in print.” So writes Karen E.H. Skinazi about a new edition of stories by Johanna Kaplan (Jewish Journal).
- “Publishing Through a Jewish and Female Lens”: a profile of Angela Engel and the Collective Book Studio (by Hilary Danailova for Hadassah).
- As Purim approaches, Rabbi Lisa S. Greene shares memories and reflections, about Vashti and more (Jewish Chicago).
- And, because it’s needed: an aggregation of “ways to help the Jews of Ukraine.”