Jewish Literary Links
Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- You’ll find reliably superb commentary from Heidi Rabinowitz on the subject of John Boyne’s The Boy in the Striped Pajamas in a recent episode of the Everyone Loved It but Me podcast (for which Heidi has also provided a transcript).
- Mazal tov to Hanna Halperin, the latest winner of the Edward Lewis Wallant Award for her debut novel Something Wild. (Which, alas, I have not yet read.)
- Mazal tov, too, to writer/editor/rebbetzin/all-around amazing Avital Chizhik-Goldschmidt (and family!) on the arrival of a new baby. The beautiful prose accompanying this Instagram post reads like an essay.
- I’m so looking forward to catching one of Matti Friedman’s events in connection with his latest book, Who By Fire, about Leonard Cohen’s weeks in the Sinai during the Yom Kippur War. (And here’s one more event that I didn’t see listed on Matti’s site yet.)
- And last, but not least, you’ll find a couple of specifically Jewish-themed opportunities included among the listings that are featured in the hot-off-the-press April edition of my newsletter for writers.