Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- Events happening next week: “Writing Jewish,” with Joshua Cohen and Nicole Krauss (in person at JTS in New York and streaming, on April 25). And commemorating “The Forward at 125,” the editors of the English Forward from 1990 to today—Seth Lipsky, J.J. Goldberg, Jane Eisner, and Jodi Rudoren—will be in conversation on April 26. The event will be recorded and sent to registrants.
- The Jewish Review of Books is hiring a Managing Editor.
- The April Jewish Book Carnival went live before Passover, hosted for the month by Gila Green.
- It’s still Passover, so this article by Penny Schwartz on new Passover kidlit is still timely!
- From Sources: “This year the Passover holiday coincides with National Poetry Month, recognizing the joy of poetry. Sources celebrates with a new poem from the Spring 2022 issue by Ruth Kara-Ivanov Kaniel, as well as sharing the stellar poems from two previous issues – and a video of Rachel Korazim exploring the Passover holiday through contemporary Israeli poems. Chag Sameach!“
And Shabbat shalom!