The My Machberet blog is proud to serve as this month’s host for the Jewish Book Carnival, a monthly event where those who cover Jewish books online “can meet, read, and comment on each others’ posts.” Organized by the Association of Jewish Libraries (AJL), the Carnival travels around and is hosted on a different participant’s site on the 15th of each month.
Herewith, the June 2022 Carnival.
- At Jewish Books for Kids and More, Barbara Bietz interviews Pamela Ehrenberg and Tracy López, authors of the new middle-grade novel, Detour Ahead.
- On her blog, Book Q&As with Deborah Kalb, Deborah also interviews Pamela Ehrenberg and Tracy López about Detour Ahead.
- On The Book of Life podcast, Heidi Rabinowitz interviews the Director of ALA’s Office of Intellectual Freedom about the current rash of book bannings.
- A rare Shavuot picture book, Mr. Mintz’s Blintzes by Leslie Kimmelman (with illustrations by Esther Hernando) is reviewed on The Sydney Taylor Shmooze mock award blog.
- On her blog, Gila Green features a guest post from Dr. Suzie Lowinger, whose book of stories, Angels on Friday Night, explores “the atmosphere of home on Friday night.”
- The Shiloh Musings blog highly recommends Mel Laytner’s biography of his father, a Holocaust survivor: What They Didn’t Burn.
- The Life is Like a Library blog reports from a YA/children’s literature session at the Jerusalem International Book Forum.
- And please remember that every week, My Machberet posts a compilation of “Jewish Literary Links.” Here’s one recent example. Please come by every week for more! (Even better: subscribe!)