Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- Jane Friedman’s next (free!) Business Clinic will tackle the topic of “The Role of Author Websites in the Social Media Era” (with Meg Medina).
- In which Lincoln Michel tackles the question of how MFA programs should deal with the business of publishing.
- Bookmark this for travel planning: “The American Writers Museum has partnered with author homes from across the country. Find an author home near you!”
- Poetry, publishers, and more in the latest Jewish lit links on the My Machberet blog.
- And, in case you missed it: The August newsletter went out to subscribers last weekend. It’s packed (as usual) with current opportunities that don’t charge fees for submissions/applications and do pay writers for published/winning work.
Have a good weekend, everyone.