Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- Quick reminder that we are now observing Jewish Book Month!
- Another reminder: Submissions for the next Jewish Fiction Award must be made by December 1.
- From the Identity/Crisis podcast: “The Jewish media landscape has evolved significantly over the last few years, and has in many ways become more fragmented. In this episode, Laura E. Adkins, (Opinion Editor of the Forward) and Ari Hoffman, (Assistant Editor of the New York Sun) join Yehuda Kurtzer to discuss what happens when the mission of a publication changes and how Jewish media can continue to serve as a public square for communal discourse.” (A transcript should be available soon.)
- Also media-related: next Tuesday, JTA is offering “a chance to get a glimpse inside our newsroom, to meet the people behind the bylines and understand how we work.”
- And I’m happy to share this newly published feature on children’s books in Hadassah magazine.