Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- Coming soon: Shtetl: Haredi Free Press. (And—they’re hiring. They’re also open to hearing from those who may be interested in joining the board or advisory panel.)
- The Israel Association of Writers in English (IAWE) will welcome acclaimed Israeli poet Ronny Someck on Zoom this upcoming Sunday (December 4). The event will be hosted by Sarah Sassoon; Someck will be introduced by Rafi Weichert. Register/get the Zoom link by contacting Karen Alkalay-Gut as directed on the IAWE website.
- In case you missed it: my letter to The New York Times Book Review.
- From the Association of Jewish Libraries (AJL): “In celebration of Jewish Book Month and Hanukkah, our Fall 2022 Jewish Kidlit Author Showcase will present new and forthcoming Jewish picture books, middle grade books, and young adult books written by AJL member authors. This event is cosponsored by AJL’s SSCPL Division, Kidlit in Color, and StoryTime Solidarity and is open to all members and the general public.” It will take place on December 12. Register for this free online event on the AJL website.
- You’ll find a couple of calls for specifically Jewish work amid the many opportunities listed in the latest issue of The Practicing Writer 2.0.