Jewish Literary Links
Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- From the Shalom Hartman Institute: the latest issue of Sources: A Journal of Jewish Ideas.
- This playlist of videos from the recent New York Jewish Book Festival appears to be nearly complete. (I know several people who will be particularly pleased that the kidlit-focused “What Makes a Jewish Book?” panel is now listed.)
- “As 2022 draws to a close, I need to address one of the biggest bestsellers: All the Broken Places, the unnecessary sequel to John Boyne’s The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.” Read Hannah Srour-Zackon for the Canadian Jewish News (hat tip: Rebecca Levitan).
- As The New York Times‘s Alexandra Alter reports, it’s been quite a year for Art Spiegelman (gift link).
- Over on the Yetzirah website, you’ll find a pretty impressive collection of Jewish writing resources. (Which reminds me: In 2023, I need to work on updating these.)
Shabbat shalom and Happy (Secular) New Year!