Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- Over on the Jewish Women, Amplified blog, Sarah Groustra speaks with author Sara Lippmann “about suburbia as an irresistible setting for fiction, radical retellings of the Torah, and more.”
- For Unpacked, Viviana Freyer lists “13 Jewish Children’s Book Authors Who Shaped Your Upbringing.”
- On my tbr list: James McBride’s new novel The Heaven & Earth Grocery Store. Find out more in Gabby Deutch’s profile for Jewish Insider; McBride will also be speaking with Sandee Brawarsky for a virtual (and free) UJA event Monday, August 14.
- Sefaria, “home to 3,000 years of Jewish texts,” is planning a 10th-anniversary celebration, taking place online Sunday, August 20. (Remember that purchases of new copies of Birthright: Poems also support Sefaria!)
- And if you’re interested in attending the Jewish Book Council’s 2023 Jewish Writers’ Conference (happening virtually), early-bird registration rates are in effect until September 8. “Please note that the conference combines our annual Jewish Children’s Writers Seminar and our Jewish Adult Writer’s Seminar.” Also note one of the author-led panels on the agenda: “Addressing Antisemitism in Our Literary Lives with Erika Dreifus, Rachel Kadish, Aviya Kushner, and Adrienne Ross Scanlan.”