Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- Since Rutu Modan’s Tunnels (in a translation by Ishai Mishory) is on my tbr list, I was delighted to find Tahneer Oksman’s newly published interview with Modan (via the Jewish Book Council).
- In response to the same query from Multicultural Children’s Book Day that I shared last week, Chana Stiefel wrote up some thoughts that are now posted on the MCBD blog: “Why Jewish Kidlit Shouldn’t be Offered to ONLY Jewish Children.”
- From Lea Zeltserman: “Friends! I’m diving back into my Russian-Jewish monthly roundup newsletter, the Soviet Samovar. I’ve got book picks, films, and essays galore to keep you occupied and curled up on the couch through the holiday downtime. The December issue is out now: https://buff.ly/3s5RAvy.”
- Check out this thread from Molly Tolsky (new EiC for Kveller) for a call for pitches. Includes a reminder that Kveller is “a site for Jewish parents — and parents raising Jewish kids” and a note that “standard pay is $100 for 800-1000 words (with a little wiggle room for certain types of pieces).”
- And ahead of last Sunday’s Jewish Book Council seminar, I’ve recently updated some of the links in my resource post on “publicizing your Jewish book.”