Toward the end of each week, the My Machberet blog presents a collection of links, drawn primarily from the world of Jewish books and writing.
- The latest gorgeous writing from Sarah Sassoon: “Counting Stones at the Bottom of the Tigris River,” published by Invisible City.
- The September Jewish Book Carnival went live late last week, hosted for the month by Barbara Krasner and The Whole Megillah (skip over the time stamp: This is the September 2022 Carnival).
- “What Shiva Taught Me About Covering Tragedy” by journalist Emma Goldberg (“gift” link should get you past the paywall).
- As I’ve run across obituaries for Lily Renée Phillips, I’ve thought back to a wonderful afternoon that I spent learning about and celebrating her through the (then-new) book Lily Renée, Escape Artist (subtitled: “From Holocaust Survivor to Comic Book Pioneer”).
- And, acknowledging that this is the final set of Jewish Literary Links for the year 5782: “Diverse Jewish High Holiday Books Your Family Needs,” prepared by Lior Zaltzman for Kveller.
Shabbat shalom and shanah tovah!