They Like Us! They Really Like Us!
Imagine how delighted and proud I was to discover this write-up in the “CyberSurfing” section of the current Whidbey Island Writers Association newsletter:
The Practicing Writer – this is one of my essential writing resources that just happens to be in digital format. Erika Dreifus is a prolific writer of e-books for writers, including “Writers’ Markets,” the “Guide to No-Cost Literary Contests and Competitions,” the “Primer on Low-Residency MFA Programs,” and directories of paying short story markets, paying poetry markets, paying essay markets, and paying markets for book reviewers. In early 2004 Erika Dreifus launched a free monthly e-newsletter, The Practicing Writer. Each issue includes an article on an aspect of the craft and/or business—the practice—of writing. Every issue also features:
* a highlighted online resource to assist you with your writing practice
* announcements for upcoming contests and similar opportunities
* a “Submission Alerts!!!” section, where Erika keeps subscribers posted about calls from literary journals and nuances in editorial calendars
* highlights from our Practicing Writing blog
* a “Conferences and Events” section
This newsletter contains an amazing array of free and low-fee writing competitions every month. To subscribe just send a blank e-mail to [practicing-writer-subscribe(at)yahoogroups(dot)com]. You can access Erika’s blog directly at http://practicing-writing.blogspot.com.
Thank you so much! (By the way, our next newsletter should be out within a week.)