The Wednesday Web Browser
Welcome to our Wednesday writerly link roundup. May I present:
- Congrats to fellow Last Light Studio author Jane Roper, whose novel Eden Lake has already received some excellent pre-pub praise–from Steve Almond and Jenna Blum.
- Another satisfying serving of tips on grammar, usage and style from the After Deadline column.
- Author and professor John Vanderslice introduces a teaching experiment: a course in which his students will write a novel within a semester. Oh, and he’ll be writing one, too.
- And if you’re looking for some more musings on the teaching of creative writing, check out this post from “Oronte Churm.”
- Rachel Toor’s latest Chronicle column focuses on the art and craft of self-editing (and includes some familiar recommended reading).
- Veteran freelancer Kelly James-Enger breaks down “four types of lucrative print markets–and how to market to them.”
- Ever worry about the consequences of writing about your family? This story from Ireland won’t necessarily help. (via @PublishersWeekly)