Monday brings the weekly batch of no-fee competitions/contests, paying submission calls, and jobs for those of us who write (especially those of us who write fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction).
- If you want to submit work to West Branch, do so before the window closes on April 1. “The editors of West Branch welcome submissions of poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, and translation.” Pays: “$50 per submission of poetry, and $.05/word for prose with a maximum payment of $100. Additionally, we provide each contributor with two copies of the issue in which his/her work appears and a one-year subscription to West Branch.”
- “The Jo-Anne Hirshfield Memorial Poetry Awards is a competition open to all adult and high school age Chicago area poets.” Cash prizes. No entry fee. Deadline: March 20, 2015. (via WinningWriters.com)
- A freelance rates database I ran across last week.
- The Georgia Review is advertising for an Assistant Editor. [UPDATE: THIS LISTING HAS EXPIRED]
- Graywolf Press (Minnesota) seeks an Administrative Assistant.
- Poets & Writers is looking for an Online Editorial Assistant. (This position is located in New York.)
- “The Department of English at DePauw University invites applications for a full-time, one-year term position in fiction writing for the 2015-16 academic year” AND “The Department of English at DePauw University invites applications for a full-time, one-year term position in creative nonfiction/journalism for the 2015-16 academic year.”