Monday Markets for Writers: No Fees. Paying Gigs.
Monday brings the weekly batch of no-fee competitions/contests, paying submission calls, and jobs for those of us who write (especially those of us who write fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction).
- New poetry contest from Cha: An Asian Literary Journal. “It is for unpublished poems on the theme of ‘Hong Kong’.” Cash prizes (via PayPal) and publication. No entry fee. Deadline: July 31, 2015.
- Another new poetry contest, from Poetry Business Manager: the “1st Annual Scalia Dissents Formal Poetry Contest.” (Somehow, I think you can infer the focus of this one.) No entry fee. Deadline: August 1, 2015. Prize: “$25 cash, $25 gift certificate, publication on our website and all over Facebook and the web, and the Pride of immortalizing Scalia’s colorful language.” (h/t @BigBlueMarbleBk)
- ICYMI: The July issue of The Practicing Writer has gone out to subscribers. Filled with no-fee, paying opportunities. Available online.
“The Department of English at the University of North Texas invites applications for Visiting Assistant Professor of Literary Nonfiction.”(UPDATED: LISTING NO LONGER ACTIVE)
- Job in Baltimore: “US Lacrosse, the national governing body of lacrosse, announces an opening for an Online Editor, Lacrosse Magazine working as part of our Membership & Communications team.”
- Job in Philadelphia: The American Association for Cancer Research is looking to hire a Senior Manager of Media & Public Relations.