Midweek Notes from a Practicing Writer
I may not be blogging any longer for Poetry Has Value, but that doesn’t mean I can’t continue to share my poetry submission stats with you. So here’s the report for February.
- Venues to Which I Submitted Poetry and Total Poems Submitted: (7) Baltimore Review, The Christian Century, Image, The Lascaux Review, Meridian (contest) The Maine Review, Okey-Panky
- Rejections Received: (7) AWP Writer-to-Writer program, Bennington Review, Blue Mesa Review, Ellipsis, Ruminate, The Tower (not accepting poetry), Versal
- Acceptances: (0)
- Publications: (2) “Hypothetical Life” and “Ratatouille for One,” published together by The Sunlight Press.
- Money Spent: $0
- Money Earned: $50
- February TOTAL: $50
- Total Money Spent in 2017: $0
- Total Money Earned in 2017: $50
- 2017 TOTAL: $50
- Total Submissions in 2017: 21 (“packets”)
- Total Rejections in 2017: 10
Congratulations to My Cousin
Yesterday was the official publication date for a debut picture book written by my cousin Julie Case.
Congratulations to Julie (and to illustrator Lee White).
What I’m Reading
Just started The Refugees, a new short-story collection (by Viet Thanh Nguyen) that you’ve probably already heard about (if you follow literary buzz, at any rate). In this case—at least so far—the early praise seems super-warranted.