Friday Finds for Writers
Writing-related resources, news, and reflections to enjoy over the weekend.
- I listen to a handful of podcasts regularly, but so far, no podcasts that focus specifically on poetry. This situation may change thanks to Robert Lee Brewer’s recommendations of the “10 Best Poetry Podcasts for Poets.”
- Speaking of poetry: This week brought the 100th anniversary of the birth of Gwendolyn Brooks. Among the tributes: a Poetry Foundation video about the genesis of Brooks’s famous “We Real Cool.”
- Via Shelf Awareness: dispatch from a Book Expo America education session titled “For Authors: Working with Indie Bookstores.”
- “Why Your Memoir Won’t Sell”: expert insights from Jane Friedman.
- And don’t forget: Each Friday brings a fresh set of Jewish literary links over on the My Machberet blog. Here’s the latest.
Have a great weekend, everyone.