Each week as Shabbat approaches, the My Machberet blog presents an array of Jewish-interest links, primarily of the literary variety.
- Treat of the week: my brilliant friend Sivan Rotholz discusses contemporary midrash—and reads from some of her own stunning midrashic poems—in this Kol Ramah interview.
- If it’s mid-month, there’s a new Jewish Book Carnival to enjoy (hosted this month by Yael Shahar).
- “Baltimore Jewish Times (JT), published by Mid-Atlantic Media, a fast-growing publisher of niche community and ethnic titles, is looking to add an editor to lead its stable of award-winning journalists.”
- ICYMI: Earlier this week I shared a bit about the forthcoming course on “21st-Century Jewish Literature” that I’ll be teaching this upcoming semester at a local college. (And then, I offered more details on Twitter.)
- Also shared right here on My Machberet: a look back on a meaningful (and brief) bit of fiction from my archive.