Writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- “Stick to a daily word count. Take more writing classes. Write twenty more queries. Yada Yada. What are the writing resolutions that are really important in terms of achieving success and having a reasonably satisfying work life?” Katrin Schumann shares 10 of hers on the Grub Writes blog.
- Over on the Kenyon Review blog, Laura Maylene Walter discloses her relationship with writing prompts (hint: It’s complicated.)
- Worth a look, especially if you’re a self-publishing writer: Toni Fitzgerald’s “9 Manuscript Mistakes Only First-timers Make (and How to Fix Them)” for The Writer magazine.
- Our own recent Q&A with R.L. Maizes has now joined the archive of Interviews with Practicing Writers. If it has been a while since you’ve taken a look at the conversations stored there, please go visit!
- And if it’s Friday, it’s also time for a fresh batch of Jewish-lit links over on the My Machberet blog. (I recommend especially heartily Adam Kirsch’s latest review for Tablet magazine, which takes on some big issues about historical fiction.)
Have a great weekend!