Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- A thread on the titling of books, sparked by Elizabeth McCracken. (And from my archive: more thoughts on this subject.)
- “Beyond the Behemoths: In 2019, Small Presses Are Publishing Some of the Best Fiction Out There”—by Laurie Muchnick, fiction editor for Kirkus Reviews.
- This week brought news of “The Draft, an advice column about writing and life from Eileen Pollack, former director of the University of Michigan MFA Program. We’re here to answer your questions about storycraft, writing, and telling the truth in words.” First up: a creative-nonfiction query.
- Stephen King’s house in Maine is slated to become an archive and writers’ retreat.
- And if it’s Friday, it’s time for some Jewish-lit links over on the My Machberet blog.
Have a great weekend.