Friday Finds for Writers
Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- An interview that helps explain the wonder that is Kathy Fish.
- News from Key West: “The Key West Literary Seminar, a nonprofit that hosts an international gathering once a year, announced Wednesday it had purchased [Elizabeth] Bishop’s former home at 624 White St. for $1.2 million. It has plans to renovate and use it as its headquarters, including offices and a place to hold events.”
- Contest caution from Victoria Strauss (the contest in question, btw, is the Sunday Times Audible Short Story Contest).
- And speaking of cautionary words: Here are some from Allison K. Williams, for anyone contemplating self-publishing a memoir.
- Atypically, you won’t find a new post on My Machberet today. But feel free to peruse the archived posts.
Have a great weekend.