Writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- My guess is that at least one of Alison Lowenstein’s “Seven Stages of Submittable” will resonate with anyone who has used the platform to try to place their work.
- From Writer Beware: “It’s that time again–time for a look back at the schemes, scams, and issues Writer Beware covered in 2019.”
- In happier news, there’s already (yay!) a third installment of Ruben Quesada’s revived Poetry Today series up on the Kenyon Review blog. (Reminder: “Poetry Today is a series dedicated to learning about the characteristics of poets and poetry from writers who have published a collection of poetry, full-length or chapbook, within the year.”
- Also poetry-related: Cameron Awkward-Rich on when to stop revising.
- Of course, you’ll find a fresh set of Jewish lit links (including links to some intriguing opportunities/calls) over on the My Machberet blog.
Have a great weekend!