Writing-related resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- The Writer magazine has just published Toni Fitzgerald’s fairly comprehensive overview of the current litmag landscape.
- I received a lovely email this week from a youth services librarian and educator who has been consulting this site in a workshop that she is running for young writers. Among other things, she alerted me that one of the young people she’s been working with had located another useful resource page for those who want to become published authors. They thought that I might want to share it with all of you. So I am!
- On the subject of publishing and writing careers, here’s a piece that’s going viral, as the kids say: “A Dirty Secret: You Can Only Be a Writer If You Can Afford It” by Lynn Steger Strong.
- Yes, I know that February has an extra day this month. I’ve gone ahead and distributed the March issue of The Practicing Writer anyway. If you’re a subscriber, please check your email. If you’re not (yet) a subscriber, you’ll find the latest issue (and earlier ones) over on Substack.
- And of course, there’s a fresh batch of Jewish literary links up today on the My Machberet blog. (Shabbat shalom!)
Have a wonderful weekend!