Writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- Over on her blog, Gigi Rosenberg has been posting some helpful hints for those of us who are now tiptoeing—or being thrust—into the world of online presentations. (I wish that I’d managed to read them all before my own big “debut” last Sunday, but every little bit helped—I think.)
- One of this past week’s highlights, for me, was catching author Celeste Ng featured on CBS News’s “Sunday Morning” show. If you missed the segment, here’s the clip!
- The adaptation of Ng’s novel Little Fires Everywhere is a big part of that clip; the adaptation also receives attention in Ann Patchett’s Vanity Fair profile of Reese Witherspoon, which I read a few days ago, too. (My favorite line: “Witherspoon gapes in disbelief that I know Lorrie Moore, much less live close to her.”)
- Selected content from the May-June issue of Poets & Writers magazine is now available online.
- And of course, there’s a new set of Jewish-lit links up on the My Machberet blog.
And again, in case you’ve missed it: Take note of this list (updated) of emergency resources for writers: bit.ly/EmergencyResourcesWriters. Please have a good, safe, healthy weekend.