Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- “Don’t Blow Up Your Life for a Byline”: cautionary words for nonfiction writers from Estelle Erasmus.
- “How Do I Promote My Books During a Pandemic?” includes tried-and-true suggestions from Jeannine Hall Gailey.
- Reflections from Gal Beckerman on being “plunged into a world of online bookishness.”
- Tips for running online conferences, grounded in lessons learned from organizers of the Center for Cooperative Media’s latest Collaborative Journalism Summit.
- And, of course, there’s a new set of Jewish-lit links up on the My Machberet blog.
And the newly routine reminder that in case you’ve missed it, this site maintains an (updated) of emergency resources for writers: bit.ly/EmergencyResourcesWriters. Please have a good, safe, healthy weekend.