Writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- Resonant piece on writing (or not writing) during this “pan(dem)ic” by Laura Maylene Walter.
- From Jane Friedman: “free afternoon discussions about the business of writing, publishing, and making a living predominantly online” (she’s calling them “Sunday Business Sermons”).
- On my weekend listening agenda: This week’s “Hello Monday” episode, from the LinkedIn podcast’s archive, features bestselling author Roxane Gay “for a conversation that touches on persistence in the face of rejection, discipline when honing a craft, and the power of being mentored, mentoring others, and creating opportunities to pass the mic.”
- A recent Twitter query inspired me to revisit and refresh my own resource page on where to find calls for submissions (and other advice for getting published).
- And, of course, there’s a new set of Jewish-lit links posted on the My Machberet blog.
Have a good weekend, everyone. Hope that I’ll catch some of you online on Sunday!