Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- From New England Review: “In an effort to help sustain momentum for and contribute to urgent anti-racist action in the US and beyond, we present these works from the NER archive. Black Lives Matter, and Black Literature Matters.”
- If you’ve been wondering about the #PublishingPaidMe hashtag that you may have seen going around this week, here’s a New York Times article about it.
- Terrific piece by Leah Umansky (also in The New York Times) on writing found poetry.
- From Chicago Tribune: “The president and board chair of the Chicago-based Poetry Foundation have resigned after more than 1,800 people signed an open letter denouncing the Foundation for failing to do more to support Black and other marginalized artists.” (You may also want to check out this open letter from Philip B. Williams.)
- And over on the My Machberet blog, you’ll find a fresh batch of Jewish-lit links.
May it be a good weekend for all.