Finds for Writers
Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- “Ever wonder what it’s like to work in book publishing? Or what a literary agency even is? The J&NA [Janklow & Nesbit Associates] assistant crew is here to answer all your questions and more in our inaugural JNA Presents…Literary Agency Virtual Open House!” Free. (Thanks to @MinoritiesInPub for the tip about this one.)
- From Writer Beware: another scam alert.
- Terrific essay by fiction writer R.L. Maizes (now the author of both a novel and a short-story collection) on working with developmental editors.
- Guidance from Curtis Sittenfeld on completing a short story.
- And speaking of short stories—be sure to check out the latest Jewish-lit links over on the My Machberet blog. Included there, icymi earlier this week, you’ll find some reflections of my own on short stories (and a number of reading recommendations).
Have a great weekend, all.