Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- While I wait for my copy of Anne Trubek’s So You Want to Publish a Book? to arrive, I plan to spend some time this weekend with the author’s publishing-focused conversation with Andrew Keen.
- From Kenyon Review: “Someone’s looking for a new read, but you can only recommend them what you’ve read since quarantine began. What are you recommending?“
- Advice for our times: “Go Memorize a Poem” (Eliot A. Cohen for The Atlantic).
- In a super-smart post, Darren Rowse shares “13 Tips for Promoting Yourself Without Sounding Like a Jerk.”
- And of course, there’s a new set of Jewish Literary Links posted on the My Machberet blog. (Included this week: sneak-peek info about my next online reading—which will also feature an open-mic component.)
Have a great weekend, everyone. And if you’re a subscriber to The Practicing Writer, please check your email—the August issue went out this morning.