Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- “How Chekhov Invented the Modern Short Story” (Chris Power for New Statesman).
- “How do immigrant writers respond to COVID-19? In what way has it affected their dreams? Has the understanding of the future also been recalibrated? This is an edited version of a Zoom conversation between Jhumpa Lahiri, Eduardo Halfon, and Ilan Stavans that took place on July 23rd, 2020.”
- “10 Books About the Importance of the Postal Service” (Jae-Yeon Yoo for Electric Literature).
- Public speaking coach Gigi Rosenberg recently interviewed stylist Scarlet Chamberlin to glean tips on how to look your best online. (Tune in this Sunday to see if I adhere to this advice in my own next virtual appearance.)
- And if it’s Friday, you’ll want to go check the latest Jewish-lit links posted on the My Machberet blog.
Have a great weekend, everyone.