Each Friday, the Practicing Writing blog shares writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- “Writing While Black in Times Like This” by Nancy Johnson (via Writer Unboxed).
- “Stepping into Your Characters’ Shoes” (when those characters endured a pandemic in their time) by Rachel Kadish (via Slate).
- A profile of the Study Hall site for freelancers by Luke Winkie (via Nieman Lab).
- ICYMI: The September issue of The Practicing Writer 2.0 went out to subscribers this week. In addition to the usual array of fee-free (and paying) calls and competitions listed therein, this issue also features a very special resource especially for cnf writers. Check it out!
- And, as always, you’ll find this week’s Jewish Lit Links posted over on the My Machberet blog.
Have a great weekend, all.