Writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- New documentary streaming on PBS: “Laura Ingalls Wilder: Prairie to Page” (I watched it last weekend).
- Happening Friday, January 22: a free literary workshop on “mastering magazine submissions,” led by John Sibley Williams.
- Jane Friedman has updated her infographic on key book-publishing paths.
- For New York magazine, Lila Shapiro investigates “how one of publishing’s most hyped books became its biggest horror story — and still ended up a best seller.” (Spoiler: The book in question is American Dirt.)
- And of course, you’ll find a fresh set of Jewish-lit links posted today over on the My Machberet blog.
Wishing everyone a good, peaceful weekend.