Writing and publishing resources, news, and reflections to peruse over the weekend.
- Meet “Publishing’s New Power Club,” as presented by Lila Shapiro for New York magazine.
- “Is It Time to Kill the Book Blurb?” That’s the guiding question for Cody Delistratry over at the Wall Street Journal magazine.
- Especially as an aspiring picture-book author, I loved Pamela Paul’s tribute to picture books, published in last Sunday’s New York Times.
- Just launched: “The Chicago Literary Archive is an independent, open-source research guide to Chicago’s literary, printing, and publishing history from 1837 to today.”
- And there’s a special edition of Jewish literary links (Purim edition!) posted over on My Machberet.
Wishing everyone a good weekend. (The next issue of The Practicing Writer 2.0 will go out to subscribers before it’s over!)